Philodendron - MicansRegular price R 245.00
Synonyms: Velvet leaf Philodendron, Micans, Philodendron Micans
- Attractive foliage
- Easy Care, like moderate to bright light
- Fantastic hanging Plant
- Extremely fast growing
- Plant care level: Beginner
This unassuming beauty is an ideal easy-care addition to any plant lovers collection. Possessing a truly graceful beauty with its cascading heart-shaped foliage that shimmers in the light.
The Philodendron Micans is prized for its velvety foliage that starts out coppery bronze and as the leaf hardens off turns blush pink and then ultimately matures into a deep iridescent green with purple to bronze underside. Truly awe-inspiring.
They make an ideal hanging basket plant or look magnificent cascading gracefully off a shelf or tabletop, although it can also be trained up a trellis for extra height. Place in bright indirect light to encourage fast growth, however, it will happily adapt to moderate lighting conditions.
This one of a kind beauty will live happily in average room humidity although benefits from some humidity and will thrive on a pebble tray or being placed in warm moist conditions, such as a bright warm bathroom or kitchen.
Pair with an unassuming planter to allow little distraction from the waves of glittering foliage.
Please note: Philodendron are toxic to both pets and humans, besides do not make a tasty treat.CARE INSTRUCTIONS
Follow these instructions to keep your Philodendron Micans happy and healthy.
- Water: Best to allow your Micans to dry out completely and then to thoroughly water, so make it a habit to check your plant at least weekly and water only once the soil is dry right through.
- Light: Moderate to bright indirect light
- Humidity: This plant likes humidity but can tolerate dry air
- Fertilize: Feed monthly spring through autumn with a balanced liquid fertilizer diluted by half.