Heart Leaf PhilodendronRegular price R 135.00
Scientific Name: Philodendron hederaceum or scandens
Synonyms: Heartleaf Philodendron, Sweetheart Plant, Philodendron Scandens
- Trailing/climbing plant with stems that can reach over 1.2m
- Gorgeous dark green heart-shaped foliage
- Easy care, likes moderate to bright light
- Plant level: Extremely easy
A classic trailing plant, the Heartleaf Philodendron is a firm favourite indoor plant. Beginner friendly and ideal for positions that only offer medium lighting levels where a touch of green will add the perfect finishing touch to a room. It is prized for its fast-growing nature and gorgeous deep green heart-shaped foliage.
This plant loves a little humidity but it isn't a must, to keep it thriving, and will grow in most indoor spaces without any hassle, be it your home or office. This incredibly versatile plant can be trained upwards to encourage larger leaves and a more uniform growth habit, or allowed to cascade to create a deep green curtain of hearts. Definitely worth a try!
Check out our Hanging Plant or Easy Care Hanging Plant Collections for additional options.
Make your Heartleaf Philodendron shine, with one of these Styling Tips:
- For a classic hanging display, pair it with a Macrame or Plant Pot Hanger.
- Pair it with a 16cm Mia Melange for an elegant tabletop display.
- To add a little variety, mount it on a wall with a Plant Pot Ring.
- Or, choose the Heartleaf on a Mosspole for an upward growing feature piece.
Follow these instructions to keep your Heartleaf Philodendron healthy and happy.
- Water: Keep the soil lightly moist during the warmer months of Summer. Allow to dry out in Winter to avoid overwatering.
- Light: Moderate to bright indirect light. Avoid direct sunlight.
- Humidity: This plant likes humidity but will tolerate drier conditions with regular spritzing or being placed on a pebble tray.
- Fertilize: Feed monthly spring through autumn with a balanced liquid fertilizer diluted by half. No need to feed in Winter as the growth slows.
Read up on our Detailed Heart Leaf Philodendron Care Instructions here.
Please Note: Heart Leaf Philodendrons are ornamental plants that should not be consumed, best kept out of reach from children and curious pets.