SOW Delicious Slab of Seed - Gourmet Rainbow SpinachRegular price R 79.00
- Easy to grow
- Year-round crop
- Super Food
For centuries people have been growing spinach as a year-round easy to grow crop that needs very little space to thrive. Spinach likes the same growing conditions as lettuce but is more beneficial in the fact that it can be both eaten raw or cooked aiding to its versatility.
Spinach is a fantastic source of vitamins A, B, C, K, heart-healthy omega-3 fatty acids, calcium, copper, iron, manganese, phosphorus, and potassium. Making it one of the healthiest crops you can grow and eat. So why not give SOW Delicious Seed Slab -Rainbow Spinach a try?
Seed slab grows 3 Varieties of Spinach: Canary yellow, magenta sunset, rhubarb red
Plant Level: Beginner
Planting Season: Year-round
Companion Plants: Beans, beetroot, cauliflower, carrots, lettuce, onions
FOODIE FUN FACT: 'Swiss chard' is what South Africa's call 'Spinach'. It was one of the first plants to be grown on space stations.The SOW Delicious seed slabs are soil “chocolate slabs”, each brick is embedded with open-pollinated heirloom seeds. The non-GMO seeds will grow into your selected choice of either vegetables, fruit, or herbs. Each soil slabs is enriched to ensure vigorous germination. These slabs are the perfect place to start for those of you new to growing your own produce.
Benefits of Sow Delicious Seeds Slabs:
- Easy to space and plant
- Slab organically pre-fertilised
- Grows well in pots
- Added soil-biotics enhance growth & flavour
- The super-soil block holds water 3 x longer
- Bee friendly
- Only grows edible 'superfood' plants
- Compostable box
- Infused with Non-GMO, open-pollinated, Heirloom Seed
- What is Heirloom Seed? The purest seed on earth - Preserved for generations
Ready for more? Why not check out the whole SOW Delicious Collection of Seed Slabs here.
How to use
Follow these simple instructions to get planting.
- SNAP into single blocks and soak in water for 5min. 1 block = 1 plant
- PLANT in a sunny spot in a pot or directly into your garden, 1mm below the soil surface.
- WATER daily until germination, thereafter keep soil moist
Harvest in 8 -12 weeks and revel in your success!