SOW Delicious Slab of Seed - Heirloom CucumberRegular price R 115.00
- Easy to Grow
- Container friendly
- Can be grown on a balcony
Who doesn't like a cucumber with its versatile nature, from being popped into a cooling summer spritzer or Exotic salad to being pickled and added to our favourite kind of burger for that extra bit of zest.
Cucumber are a widely cultivated vegetable from the gourd family ( who would have guessed?). It is a creeping vine and comes in many different varieties. The three main being: Slicing, Pickling and seedless.
So why not try your hand at growing your own cucumbers for your own summer spritzers with SOW Delicious who have made this process hassle-free with their 'Chocolate" seed slabs.
Seed slab grows 3 Varieties of Cucumber: Ashley, Homemade pickles, lemon
Plant Level: Easy
Planting Season: Spring
Companion Plants: Beans, cauliflower, dill, lettuce, onions, peas
FOODIE FUN FACT: Pressing a slice of cucumber on the roof of your mouth for 30 secs, kills the bacteria responsible for bad breath.
The SOW Delicious seed slabs are soil “chocolate slabs”, each brick is embedded with open-pollinated heirloom seeds. The non-GMO seeds will grow into your selected choice of either vegetables, fruit, or herbs. Each soil slabs is enriched to ensure vigorous germination. These slabs are the perfect place to start for those of you new to growing your own produce.
Benefits of Sow Delicious Seeds Slabs:
- Easy to space and plant
- Slab organically pre-fertilized
- Grows well in pots
- Added soil-biotics enhance growth & flavour
- The super-soil block holds water 3 x longer
- Only grows edible 'superfood' plants
- Compostable box
- Infused with Non-GMO, open-pollinated, Heirloom Seed
What is Heirloom Seed? The purest seed on earth - Preserved for generations
Ready for more? Why not check out the whole SOW Delicious Collection of Seed Slabs here.
How to use
Follow these simple instructions to get planting.
- SNAP into single blocks and soak in water for 5min. 1 block = 1 plant
- PLANT in a sunny spot in a pot or directly into your garden, 1mm below the soil surface.
- WATER daily until germination, thereafter keep soil moist
Harvest in 10-14 weeks and revel in your success!