SOW Delicious Slab of Seed - Heirloom LettuceRegular price R 115.00
- Easy to Grow
- Container friendly
- Can be grown on a balcony
Lettuce is a fantastic and rewarding crop, that just keeps giving all summer long. And there is no better way to create an instant salad with a gorgeous bowl of lettuce varieties.
Lettuce was first discovered over 6000 years ago, so make like an Egyptian and grow and create your own lettuce wonderland with Sow delicious seed slabs for some fresh fanciful salads.
Seed slab grows 3 Varieties of Lettuce: Red Salad Bowl, Lolla Rosa, Speckles
Plant Level: Easy
Planting Season: Summer
Companion Plants: Beetroot, coriander, cucumber, onions, spinach, tomatoes
FOODIE FUN FACT: Lettuce was cultivated as far back as 6000 years ago in Egypt. Crisp up lettuce in a bowl of ice water.
The SOW Delicious seed slabs are soil “chocolate slabs”, each brick is embedded with open-pollinated heirloom seeds. The non-GMO seeds will grow into your selected choice of either vegetables, fruit, or herbs. Each soil slabs is enriched to ensure vigorous germination. These slabs are the perfect place to start for those of you new to growing your own produce.
Benefits of Sow Delicious Seeds Slabs:
- Easy to space and plant
- Slab organically pre-fertilized
- Grows well in pots
- Added soil-biotics enhance growth & flavour
- The super-soil block holds water 3 x longer
- Only grows edible 'superfood' plants
- Compostable box
- Infused with Non-GMO, open-pollinated, Heirloom Seed
What is Heirloom Seed? The purest seed on earth - Preserved for generations
Ready for more? Why not check out the whole SOW Delicious Collection of Seed Slabs here.
How to use
Follow these simple instructions to get planting.
- SNAP into single blocks and soak in water for 5min. 1 block = 1 plant
- PLANT in a sunny spot in a pot or directly into your garden, 1mm below the soil surface.
- WATER daily until germination, thereafter keep the soil moist
Harvest in 10-14 weeks and revel in your success!