Calathea RoseopictaRegular price R 265.00
Scientific Name: Calathea roseopicta
Synonym: Rose Painted Calathea
- Striking pink-tinged foliage
- High fascination value
- Curious, shiny, patterned foliage
- Great for bathroom with high humidity
If we were a plant, we'd like to be born into the Calathea Family. Truly, a Calathea Family gathering would be nothing short of a riot of colour, shapes and patterns: A glorious celebration of what Plants have on offer. Real Show-ers.
The Calathea Roseopicta has subtle subtle, elegant, two-tone concentric patterning. Its unique shades of green-grey with splashes of pink colouring will fit almost any planter, giving the plant appreciator a wide variety of choices.
Roseopicta is also one of the more mobile Calatheas: do not be surprised if this Calathea houseplant flips up its leaves at night when it goes to rest.
These beauties love a medium to bright, warm and humid position making them ideal for a well-lit bathroom or kitchen, however, will thrive in basic living areas as long as extra attention is paid to this extraordinary plant, such as being sure to never let it dry out.
Place this beauty on a well-styled shelf and allow it to be the centre of attention.
Follow these instructions to keep your Calathea Roseopicta healthy and happy.
- Water: Keep soil evenly moist and do not let it dry out. Be careful however not to overwater.
- Light: Medium indirect Light
- Humidity: Medium to High Humidity is important, mist regularly or place on a pebble tray
- Fertilize: Use a balanced Liquid Fertilizer every 2 weeks during the active growing season of Spring to Summer. Cease fertilizing in winter.
Read up more on Calathea Care via our Detailed Care Instructions here.
Please note: Calathea are non-toxic to Pets and Humans.