Lipstick Vine - TwisterRegular price R 645.00
Scientific Name: Aeschynanthus Radicans ‘Twister’
Synonyms: Lipstick Vine ‘Twister’; Lipstick Vine ‘Curly Q’; Lipstick Plant
- Utterly unique, eye-catching foliage
- Great Trailing Option
- Fascinating Red Lipstick Flowers
Plant Level: Intermediate
Our Lipstick Vine Twister comes in a 12cm Hanging Nursery Pot.
If you’re looking for a show-stopping plant, with unique foliage and gorgeous red lipstick flowers to boot, then give the Lipstick Vine - Twister a try.
Lipstick vines are high on the popularity list for indoor plant enthusiasts and anyone can see why. They adore a brightly lit room and can handle a touch of early morning or late afternoon sunshine, providing it isn't scorching. If you treat this houseplant correctly, with the right light and love, it’ll show its appreciation by pushing out clusters of bright red buds that look like tiny tubes of lipstick, for which it has been aptly named.
Keeping this plant warm and perfectly watered is important, be sure to only water this stunner once it approaches dryness because overwatering can lead to root rot or a scraggly looking houseplant. Aeschynanthus Radicans ‘Twister’ can handle average room humidity but will appreciate a little extra moisture in the air as their natural habitat is the steamy jungles of Asia. Give it a good spritzing a couple of times a week without soaking the soil to make it feel like it’s hanging out in its home environment.
Style this fetching plant in a hanger, to allow it to show off its trailing, twisting foliage. But heck, it’ll be just as striking in a tabletop planter, with its branches sprayed out in all directions. Or cascading off a shelf. A head-turner either way!
Please note: This plant is non-toxic to humans and pets but is advisable to keep out of reach.
Follow these instructions to keep your Lipstick Vine Twister healthy and happy.
- Water: Allow the top layer of soil to dry out slightly between watering.
- Light: Plenty of bright indirect sunlight with a preference for some soft direct sunlight
- Humidity: Appreciates some humidity, but no adjustments should be necessary for the standard home environment.
- Fertilize: Feed with good organic fertilizer every 2 weeks during the growing season (Spring / Summer), reduce to once a month in dormancy period.
To find out more, read up more on Lipstick Vine Care Instructions here.