Mini Monstera Vining - Extra LargeRegular price R 750.00 Sale price R 575.00
Scientific Name: Rhaphidophora tetrasperma
Synonyms: Mini monstera
- Extremely popular statement plant
- Great for smaller spaces
- Loves to climb up a support
- Plant Level: Easy
This ‘mini monstera’ is the indoor plant of the moment… and it’s quite a rare one, so if you like it, snap it up!
Rhaphidophora tetrasperma is native to Thailand and Malaysia and in these parts can be spotted in a range of forest conditions. It’s in the aroid family and despite its nickname isn’t actually a monstera at all… it does, however, have similar looks and care requirements. It is great for smaller spaces so if you don’t have room for a big monstera then this is a great alternative.
Mini Monstera is an easy-going vining houseplant that requires bright, indirect light and a well-draining potting mix. Water regularly using water at room temperature but don’t allow the plant to sit in water or become saturated. It enjoys regular room humidity but would also enjoy a bathroom setting provided the light isn’t too dark.
The ideal location for this heart warmer could be as an attractive statement plant in your living space; styled on a corner table or framing a doorway. It loves to grow around a pole or onto a trellis and it can easily be trimmed and propagated if it starts to take over. Mini Monstera is a relatively fast grower and will help you create your very own urban jungle in no time!
Make your Mini Monstera the ultimate showpiece with these styling tips:
- Elevate your Mini Monstera even further by pairing it with a Plant Stand.
- Consider making a splash by pairing it with a 21cm Ceramic Planter.
- Go sleek and simple with a 21cm Mia Melange Cotton Cord Planter.
Follow these instructions to keep your Mini Monstera healthy and happy.
- Water: Keep soil moist using water at room temperature, but do not allow the plant to sit in water. Aerate the soil before watering.
- Light: Ideally, bright but indirect filtered light, can cope with lower light too. Protect from the harsh sun which can scorch the foliage.
- Humidity: Moderate humidity and regular misting will be beneficial. A good level of humidity contributes to healthy growth and larger leaves on your Rhaphidophora tetrasperma.
- Fertilize: Rhaphidophora tetrasperma enjoy regular fertilising; twice a month during the growing season (Spring and Summer).
Read for more Detailed Mini Monstera Care here.
Please note: These plants may be harmful if eaten. Keep out of reach of children and pets.